Serviced Offices, or Business Centres as they are also known, have become a bit of a buzz word over the past decade. But what exactly does it mean?
Business Centres provide office space, normally in a range of different sizes, suitable for single person companies right up to large offices, on flexible terms offering shared facilities for everyone to use.
Serviced offices have been described as almost being like hotels for businesses as you are essentially only renting room space and the facilities as and when required without being tied in to any long term leases or commitments. Benefits to clients include no initial capital outlay, and businesses can manage their cash flow more effectively as there is a fixed monthly overhead.
Most sites will offer the use of additional amenities including:
- Furnished, ready to move in offices
- Meeting and board rooms available for hire
- Reception team offering personalised telephone answering services
- Postal facilities
- Secretarial services
- Fully managed broadband and internet access with support and back-up systems
- Fax, photocopying and scanning
- Kitchens, and possibly additional catering services
- Cleaning services
- Car park
- 24 hour access
Using a business centre also means that businesses can use the facilities for short periods of time, unlike conventional commercial leases which require many years of commitment. This makes serviced offices especially appealing to new start businesses giving the flexibility to grow when you need.